Man loses everything in fire
A fire has left a single father of two feeling desperate. Dean Grant, 48, told THE WEEKEND STAR that he is still in a state of disbelief as he has lost everything in the blaze on Monday. The cause of the fire has not been officially determined.
Grant, a resident of Arnett Gardens, was not at home when he received news that his house on 10th Street was on fire.
Grant said he then rushed home only to see his neighbours busy trying to quell the blaze.
"When me come me see me house under fire and fire brigade and bare excitement and everything bun out. Me lose me two bed, dresser, clothes. Me don't even know if me TV a work and whole heap more things me lose, passport and everything," he said as he fought to hold back his tears.
Grant, who currently does maintenance work at an apartment in the Corporate Area, expressed that it is rather disheartening to witness his assets being destroyed.
"You see me from me small my father say work. Me always a work for my own. Me in a sun seven days a week just so me can fix up me little house. A long time me a work and save fi have somewhere comfortable," he said.
Grant told THE WEEKEND STAR that he is now left to work even harder to rebuild his home.
"Me feel lost to what a gwan because me cyah believe this, me have to just gwan live with it. People a send me to the councillor but me is a person wah nuh know fi beg. But if somebody see me and wah help fine with me," he said.
Anyone who wishes to help Dean Grant may contact him at (876) 323-0581.